No Power to Control Box

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

No Power to Control Box

Postby SummitSeeker » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 am

I have been using my shark pro plus for around 8 months without problems but today when i was running a project the motors made a sound like they were stuck so i clicked the E-Stop button on the shark basic panel. I could not fid any reason for the project to stop so when i went to jog it back into position i noticed there is no power getting to the control box. I know the circuit is getting power but the control box will not turn on. If i plug the router straight into the plug then the router works fine but i cannot figure out why the control box is not getting power. There are no lights turing on and the shark doesn't make the sound it always does when i turn it on. Did something burn out or is there some troubleshooting someone can help with. Also, I am sure the Emergency Stop button on the control box is on and have turned it off and on with no luck.

Please help... I have a lot to work I would like to get done but now I am at a dead stop...

Thanks forany replies...
SummitSeeker

Re: No Power to Control Box

Postby jeb2cav » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi,

There are two fuses in the control box - one on the power cord and one on the router outlet. You may have blown the main power fuse - given that you have no lights.

Even though you didn't use the Control Box E-Stop, just so you know - the red E-Stop button is a locking button, rotate it to unlock it. I had this happen to me when I unpacked and first setup, then decided to try rotating the e-stop and sure enough, mine was shipped in the off position (and locked into that).
jeb2cav
Site Admin

Postby SummitSeeker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for the reply and the tips... I opened the control box and found a small fuse, on the circuit board which was not burned out...??? It is a blackish color fuse next to a small blue screw terminal. Is tis the wrong fuse??? What should I check next...???
SummitSeeker

Postby jeb2cav » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:31 am

Hi,

I went and took a picture of the power cord fuse - I'm thinking this is the one you're interested in as you state you have no led lights showing.

Enhanced Control Box Power Fuse.jpg
Power Cord Fuse

There's a spare fuse in there as well - only one is "in use". If you unplug the power cord from the Control Box, you'll note a notch in the power cord panel. Use a flat head to leverage out the fuse drawer.
jeb2cav
Site Admin

Postby johnrowe36 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you, thank you---never would have found it hidden there.
johnrowe36

Postby bill z » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 am

To protect yourself from any future fuse failures, you can install a simple relay. Just search this forum for 'RELAY' and you will find it mentioned a bunch of times. Here is one viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5026&p=28339&hilit=relay#p28339

With a relay, you can turn all sorts of things with the controller. Mine turns on my router, my dust collector and some lights so I can watch the machine better.

Good luck.
bill z

Return to Shark Pro Plus