replacement part listing & availability

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

stephenr

replacement part listing & availability

Post by stephenr »

I am interested in the CNC Shark Pro Plus. I contacted Rockler for a replacement part & price list but was told there was none available. Before I buy a power tool, I always make sure there is a website or a manual with a parts breakdown listing. I went to the New Wave website but could not find any type of replacement part diagram, listing or price list. Could I get this type of information before purchasing? Also, if a part needs replacement after the warranty is up, do I order through Rockler?

Thank you for your time.

Stephen R.

flytrader

Re: replacement part listing & availability

Post by flytrader »

Stephen,

That is a real good question...

I wonder if anyone would know, because I sure would like to know also.

Ed :ugeek:

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

They build the machines and can get you anything you need.
They don't give you the shopping blueprint to build your own though.
There are only a few parts in total.
Nuts
Controller
Rails
Motors
Base
Wiring harness

You won't find competitors showing their build either. The components are not a break the bank type. I believe the motors go around $40 bucks or so.
Ask the forum to see who is replacing parts. You won't get a high number, and what is replaced are wear points over time.If you are here you have already found that these units do not have any real issues (other than operator error hehe) and for the price they are the most reliable. I have done my research before my purchase and found that unless you have 10,000-30,000 to spend these can get a small company up and running. I have only had mine since November, but consider it a very smart purchase. The product I produce equal that of any big manufacturer. Next Wave replaces anything that goes awry at no cost or low cost as warranty and such dictate. Do a google search on problems cnc shark and you will not find any complaints that have not been resolved.
Copy of DSCF3585.JPG
Hope this helps in your decision.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Hello,

All replacement parts are sent though Next Wave. A far as replacement parts go we have only a couple of componets that have wear and need repair.
We have been building the Sharks for 5 years and will have parts for all our machines in stock. We will be putting up our shop site so some componets can be purchased soon.

Thanks

Tim

act

Post by act »

Parts (not accessories) are only available through Next Wave. They have not release a part number to me or parts diagram. I have had the misfortune to try and order several parts. When you finally reach a live person while most have been friendly and mostly helpful, some have not. Do not need ANYTHING QUICKLY.