Overhauling CNC Shark

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Hitch

Overhauling CNC Shark

Post by Hitch »

The machine has done roughly 40 carvings at an average of 6 hours each. I'm finding that a catch/snag in travel throws off the positioning. So, it must be time to replace something. I have the Shark Pro Plus (?) - longer bed. What would you recommend to get the CNC back running reliably?
Ron

Hitch

Re: Overhauling CNC Shark

Post by Hitch »

Attached is a picture of the "whoops" . Notice roughly 1/3 from the top, the carving started in the correct spot, then a catch/snag (x - axis) and "whoops". It start correctly so I disappeared to play my bagpipes. Each section takes 6 hours to complete. It was to be one piece, but now I have options. I love my new spoil board with T-nuts. When I was doing the circles for the T-nuts, I was there to observed a snag which thru everything off. I thought I fixed that one with a air hose, but I ran the software and it came back - same place. Anyway the bars are lubricated with the recommended F-9. How often do you apply the lub. It only takes one catch and your hooped. What say you?
Attachments
Whoops.jpg

tonydude

Re: Overhauling CNC Shark

Post by tonydude »

Check your coupling to make sure they are tight, especially the one underneath the bed. Retighten all axis coupling.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.