Cutting air - NOT

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Hitch

Cutting air - NOT

Post by Hitch »

The router failed, so I replaced the brushes and bearings. Now I'm about 3/4 the way thru an 8 hour carving. Can I restart the carving some place close to where it left off or do I need to start at the beginning?

rungemach

Re: Cutting air - NOT

Post by rungemach »

Since you haven't received any replies, I'll jump in...

You most likely have lost your zero position, and would need to reestablish it no matter what you do.

Even If you could get your original zero point established, you might not be able to edit your code to pick a spot where the machine would not be relying on knowing its prior position at that point.

Some CNC software (like Mach 3) has a "run from here" feature that goes through the file to calculate a new starting point at any line in the code. I don't believe the shark can do this.

Being able to re-establish your initial zero point is critical, and then you will have a few hours of air cutting ahead of you. I wish I had a risk free better solution...

If you could find an absolute coordinates point in your code, you might stand a chance of editing out the already run code, but it is not for the faint of heart..

Personally, with that choice, I would let it run for 8 hours if the workpiece was valuable.

Hitch

Post by Hitch »

Thank you for your thoughts. I will cut air and have a coffee. I think I may have too big a project for this CNC.

gmm50

Post by gmm50 »

We put an hour meter on the router power. I believe we find 625 hours is our limit.
So we see if we can finish each job before we even start.
George