Pause button

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jcatcmc

Pause button

Post by jcatcmc »

Hi, With regards the pause button is there a time limit on it? I recently paused a job to have some lunch, when I returned the continue button was grayed out . The message on the screen informed me that communication had been lost. checked all cables all ok, I turned the controller off/on ,reloaded file and started over.( luckily only a roughing cut } No, it wasn`t a long lunch .

John

Rando

Re: Pause button

Post by Rando »

I have not had that issue, and have left it paused overnight or for hours at a time. Maybe a power drop-out overnight?
Also, if the computer goes to sleep, and it puts the USB (internal) hub to sleep power-wise, that might lead to that.

To change that, right-click on My Computer, select Manage, and then open the device manager part of the tree.
Down under the USB sections, you should see items for each "hub" connected. Select each one, right-click, select
properties, and then go to power settings. You should be able to disable the hub being turned off/sleep in there.

Hope that helps.

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

jcatcmc

Post by jcatcmc »

Thanks Rando, No, I don`t think its the computer it goes to sleep regular, never an issue. Sometimes when I leave controller on and bring up the control panel on the computer I have to turn controller off/ on to get it communicating . Only left it for 30 mins. no outage .

John

Rando

Post by Rando »

The computer might be turning off the USB without the whole thing going to sleep. I guess the remedy is
typical for this day and age: never leave the machine alone (it gets lonely) and keep it working 24/7
(again...it gets lonely). :roll:

While my own situation is anecdote, not data, I often leave my controller on for a MONTH or more at a time,
and never once had it mysteriously go haywire. Usually it's because I have GCODE file with a + symbol,
or a nested-comment: (blah blah (another blah) ). I'll get communications errors then. Come to think of it,
I haven't even had any card-formatting issues for it seems like over a year. I'm a fan of holding current,
so it doesn't lose ANY steps. But, if it did like it did to you, I'd probably turn it off more often. Maybe.

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)