Controller Fuses+

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RWBess

Controller Fuses+

Post by RWBess »

I was carving a 2 hour program and the router just quit. All lights on the controller were off. To make a
long story short, there are actually three fuses in the controller, 2 on the 120 AC line and they are hidden
in a drawer under the plug, good to know and thanks to you guys on the Forum as Next Wave did not
tell me that. One of the fuses is a spare. You have to unplug the cord, use a small screwdriver and there
is a tab just above the on/off switch, pry the door out, carefully, and you will find the two 10 A fuses. The
other fuse is a 7.5 A fuse on the circuit board. My fuses were OK. I checked the voltage -DC on the black/red
wires from the power supply to the circuit board and it read less than 2 VDC, should read 24.5 VDC. That is the voltage
to the X,Y, Z motors. Was told to remove those wire and then check them, right, found that the voltage was 24.5, so
it looks like one of the X,Y or Z drivers is defective. Thought eveyone might like to know this since we don't have
a lot of info on our controller. Folks from Next Wave Automation were helpful, however. My controller has been
sent in to be checked.
Thank goodness it is under warranty as the controller, according to Jim at Next Wave is approximately $600.
Bob