No Power to Control Box

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

SummitSeeker

No Power to Control Box

Post by SummitSeeker »

I have been using my shark pro plus for around 8 months without problems but today when i was running a project the motors made a sound like they were stuck so i clicked the E-Stop button on the shark basic panel. I could not fid any reason for the project to stop so when i went to jog it back into position i noticed there is no power getting to the control box. I know the circuit is getting power but the control box will not turn on. If i plug the router straight into the plug then the router works fine but i cannot figure out why the control box is not getting power. There are no lights turing on and the shark doesn't make the sound it always does when i turn it on. Did something burn out or is there some troubleshooting someone can help with. Also, I am sure the Emergency Stop button on the control box is on and have turned it off and on with no luck.

Please help... I have a lot to work I would like to get done but now I am at a dead stop...

Thanks forany replies...

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: No Power to Control Box

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

There are two fuses in the control box - one on the power cord and one on the router outlet. You may have blown the main power fuse - given that you have no lights.

Even though you didn't use the Control Box E-Stop, just so you know - the red E-Stop button is a locking button, rotate it to unlock it. I had this happen to me when I unpacked and first setup, then decided to try rotating the e-stop and sure enough, mine was shipped in the off position (and locked into that).

SummitSeeker

Post by SummitSeeker »

Thanks for the reply and the tips... I opened the control box and found a small fuse, on the circuit board which was not burned out...??? It is a blackish color fuse next to a small blue screw terminal. Is tis the wrong fuse??? What should I check next...???

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

I went and took a picture of the power cord fuse - I'm thinking this is the one you're interested in as you state you have no led lights showing.
Power Cord Fuse
Power Cord Fuse
There's a spare fuse in there as well - only one is "in use". If you unplug the power cord from the Control Box, you'll note a notch in the power cord panel. Use a flat head to leverage out the fuse drawer.

johnrowe36

Post by johnrowe36 »

Thank you, thank you---never would have found it hidden there.

bill z

Post by bill z »

To protect yourself from any future fuse failures, you can install a simple relay. Just search this forum for 'RELAY' and you will find it mentioned a bunch of times. Here is one viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5026&p=28339&hilit=relay#p28339

With a relay, you can turn all sorts of things with the controller. Mine turns on my router, my dust collector and some lights so I can watch the machine better.

Good luck.

tucker

Post by tucker »

I've been through the blown fuse experience before. I bought spares to ensure that if it happened again, I would have spares ready to go to prevent excessive down time.
It didn't help this time. After unplugging it, I pulled the cover off of the control box, checked the fuse (again), and then plugged it back in. I switched on the power switch, the turned off the e-stop by twisting it clockwise, and it popped out, turning on lights on the power supply box, and the pc board inside, but no stepper activity, and no leds lit on the front.
What next?
:(
Attachments
inside the control box lit up
inside the control box lit up
relay led not lit
relay led not lit
front panel leds not lit with power on.
front panel leds not lit with power on.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Can you check the power supply outputs with a voltmeter? That's where I'd start.

tt19842008

Post by tt19842008 »

tucker wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm
I've been through the blown fuse experience before. I bought spares to ensure that if it happened again, I would have spares ready to go to prevent excessive down time.
It didn't help this time. After unplugging it, I pulled the cover off of the control box, checked the fuse (again), and then plugged it back in. I switched on the power switch, the turned off the e-stop by twisting it clockwise, and it popped out, turning on lights on the power supply box, and the pc board inside, but no stepper activity, and no leds lit on the front.
What next?
:(
I'm currently having the same issue. Did you find a fix?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Call nextwave 419-318-4822 9AM-5PM EST Mon-Fri.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.