Holders for other routers

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

GTOGEORGE

Holders for other routers

Post by GTOGEORGE »

I thought I saw at one of the web sites a holder for the Porter Cable 890 for the Shark Pro Plus but A call to Rockler indicated it was not available yet. My colt is working but I found that it gets hot at the collet and have found cutters dropping slightly making my work at times useless. I have replaced the front bearing in the colt already due to heat destruction. I think this little router is not suitable in the long run for constant use on this machine and this is why I thought the PC 890 would be a more suitable tool. Anyuone else have this problem with the colt.
George

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Holders for other routers

Post by jeb2cav »

A clamp for the CNC Shark machines to secure Dewalt 611 and Porter Cable 450 1.25 HP routers is available directly from Next Wave Automation - http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... px?catid=2.

I've not experienced any bearing problems with the 2 colts and DeWalt 611 that I've been using. I am using the PreciseBit collet for the Colt. Hopefully they will have the collet for the DeWalt soon. I bought the second colt from a big box store and purchased the extended warranty for $10 I think. I've used it once where the Colt just died after 30 hours or so. The other two have had at least 2 brush replacements (120-130 hours is my experience), and still running strong. Slow go in hard woods of course, but the jobs I typically run are 2-6 hours per.