Types of CNC Machines

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MrG

Types of CNC Machines

Post by MrG »

I am interested in purchasing a Shark CNC Machine. Which one do you recommend and why?

hdtheater

Re: Types of CNC Machines

Post by hdtheater »

I don't own one yet, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

I recently ordered the Pro Plus and should be receiving it in the next two weeks. I went with it because it had a bigger work area 25x25x5. The Pro is 24x24x4.25 and the Shark is 13x24x4.25.

Also, it has an aluminum table. I have read posts that the other models with their MDF tables are not always straight. You can add a 1/4" spoil board to it and still have more Z than the other two models.

Also, the Pro Plus includes Cut3D in addition to Vcarve Pro. The other models just have VCarve.

I was going to get the Pro until the Pro Plus came out. It was well worth the extra cost for me. The Cut3D software and the aluminum bed covers the cost alone. Plus you get more workspace.

Good luck on your quest.

-E
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

spinningwood

Re: Types of CNC Machines

Post by spinningwood »

MrG - Without some more information it is impossible to give you any kind of a really useful answer. Are you looking to make full size knockdown furniture in production mode? Shark isn't for you.

Do you have less than $3k to spend and just want to make small signs and craft items? Regular shark may be the way to go.

Do you want to make fancy pool cues and spiral fluted furniture legs? Might want to wait and see what kind of 4th axis Nextwave is working on for a future upgrade.

Rather than us guessing, how about giving some more information?

Ed