vectorclip3d

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

thomas

vectorclip3d

Post by thomas »

Has anyone had any experience with using this site or models received from them. It looks like they have a bigger variety than vectic. The don't sell by each but if you want a lot of models it seems like a bargin.

tonydude

Re: vectorclip3d

Post by tonydude »

I have lots of models from them. You have no problems with them.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

backyard_cnc

Post by backyard_cnc »

I am a member of this site and have downloaded several hundred models without issue. Overall very good value for money especially if you just log on everyday and download your daily quota say 10 pieces or whatever membership you have. I am slowly amassing a large library of 3d art from which to work from. I have used both the stl and rlf formats without issue.

watch out for the occasional sales offer and save a few dollars.

gerald

Whitetailwood2015

Post by Whitetailwood2015 »

hello i am new to the cnc game. i have a shark hd and have purchased the vectorclip3d subscription. i have downloaded both rlf and stl files. going back and forth between vcarve and the shark program i do not know where to upload the downloaded file from vector. i have made my own gcode from taking pictures offline and bitmapping them so i undertand how the vcarve program works. any help is appreciated.

Rando

Post by Rando »

whitetailwood2015:

To load the STL file into VCarve, you use the Model --> Import Component / 3D Model command, from the main menu. If you prefer the icons, look way down at the bottom of the drawing tool panel (on the left, typically). At the very bottom, see those tabs? Click on the Modeling tab, and the tool icons at the top should help you get those models in.

One thing to note: in some cases getting Vectric to cut the top/bottom of a 3D model can be confusing, as the controls seemed (to me), very counterintuitive and/or bordering on nonsensical. ;-).

Hope that helps,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Whitetailwood2015,

You cannot put rlf files (artcam) does not work in vectric programs. Download stl and bmp files from vectorclip3d.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.