Odd Message

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Barry Anderson

Odd Message

Post by Barry Anderson »

I turned one of my Sharks on today to run a project. The following message appeared:
Software is due to expire.
Virtual feature is due to expire.
After hitting the tab to cancel this message comes up:
Socket error #11001
Host not found
Unable to check version through Next Wave Automation
Try again later

Has anyone else gotten this message. This is occurring on my first machine which I have had for about a year and a half. I recently updated the firmware. When I tried today to re-register, using the key that came with the machine, I got a message that said the key had expired. I'm thinking I may need to bring the controller and computer in the house to access the internet in order for it to check version through NWA. Confusing to me. Any help is appreciated.
Barry Anderson
Barry Anderson
Anderson Custom Woodwork, Inc.

Rando

Re: Odd Message

Post by Rando »

Barry:

It's probably just an momentary issue with the internet connection.

The license manager checks the license on their servers when it starts, and it couldn't get to it. The socket error often indicates the problem is on that computer, and it might need a reboot if you're getting other strange errors say, browsing the internet. But, it could also be that during the license validation, the NWA server is the one that hiccupped and dropped the connection. I'm pretty sure there aren't time limits on the registrations unless they're specifically given as 30-day trials or something, but none of my licenses is that way.

But, I too have gotten the message before. I just laughed at the silly no-nothing machine and ignored it, and it worked fine the next time. The error should clear itself with a decent internet connection. One way or another, in this case, it's your USB cable...LOL...no, just another stupid computer thinking it knows everything, when it can't even really tell when **it** is the one making the mistake. These robots...always blaming US like we're their god-like creators or something.

Cheers!

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Barry Anderson

Post by Barry Anderson »

Thanks Thom. I going to bring it in the house tomorrow. I have no internet connection in the shop. By the way, I have had zero problems with static electricity since installing your anti static wiring harness on my machines.
Barry Anderson
Barry Anderson
Anderson Custom Woodwork, Inc.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Barry Anderson wrote:Thanks Thom. I going to bring it in the house tomorrow. I have no internet connection in the shop. By the way, I have had zero problems with static electricity since installing your anti static wiring harness on my machines.
Barry Anderson
I'm so glad to hear the static-control kits did the trick for you, Barry.

But, I'm confused...no internet in the shop? Wait...what? How is that even possible? ;-) Teehee....

Cheers, my friend!

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

jvandehey

Post by jvandehey »

Trying to do first update of firmware from very early model FX that I bought.

HEXLoaderHD.exe (Next Wave Firmware Installer v2.6a Build 13.01)

/!\ Warning! This program is expired!
Firmware updates will require an updated installer.

it's not internet connection from what I can tell, and I've tried running as administrator and with compatibility mode, etc. Anyone else seen this?