Please Load File

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

O&MFabrication

Please Load File

Post by O&MFabrication »

Hi,
This is my first time on the forum, so excuse me if I'm posting this question in the wrong area. I didn't see a category for troubleshooting.
I purchased the CNC Shark HD3LS Bundle a couple years ago. I have been using the machine almost daily to cut projects with no issues.
I use V-Carve Desktop to create my tap files.
I can load a tap file into the Control Panel program, it shows the program on the screen and everything appears and funtcions normally until I try to run the program.
The router spindle turns on, but the machine does not move and I get a message in the lower left corner that says "please load file." I just cut a project yesterday and nothing about the computer or the programs has changed. Also, I can manually jog all 3 axis with the program, so I don't believe it is a machine problem. Still, I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm hoping someone on here may have an answer. This problem just started today.
Thanks so much,
Jamie

tonydude

Re: Please Load File

Post by tonydude »

These answers are from the nextwaveautomation site. Troubleshooting - My file won't load
Most common issues are
Something's Wrong with the file! Try another file around the same size before assuming it's the machine or software. If another file works, send this file in to Next Wave tech support and ask for some help. "Next Wave can you help identify what's wrong with my file? I've attached it to this email. My name is [] and my controller ID is []"
Bad USB port (Sometimes fixed through a true power off, followed by a power on. You can also turn off power management on your USB hubs in the Windows Device Manager)
Bad USB cable (Replace cable with one that is under 3 meters in length, 9' or less with no extension cable is the most stable configuration for USB)
SD Card Malfunction (Reformat card) Apparently some 2Gig have mismatched 1Gig memory blocks and get screwed up relatively easily. A number of people are recommending flashing the SD Card every time you upgrade your drivers. Some recommend a full format over a quick format. New MicroSD card recommendations... 1G/4G for a two-piece controller, and 4G/8G for a one-piece controller. SanDisk is the brand we use in house. It has proven to be more stable in our shark controller than other brands, such as PNY and generic MicroSD cards with no manufacturer listed on the card; and we also recommend the SanDisk brand for flash drives that users use in our Piranha controller.
Test a MicroSD card in a controller with the SDerrTest.zip file. Unzip and open in the 2.1 Control Panel. If the crosshairs in the viewer float inside or outside the box lines during a run (except when turning corners) then the MicroSD card is most likely bad or incompatible with the controller.
Broken/Loose Controller USB connector (Wiggle Test)

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

O&MFabrication

Re: Please Load File

Post by O&MFabrication »

It turned out to be an issue with the SD card. I did not have to format this time, a simple remove and re-insert did the trick.
Thank you for your excellent response filled with information that I may need in the future!