Shark HD4 Extended stand

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

OCEdesigns

Shark HD4 Extended stand

Post by OCEdesigns »

New here so go easy on me please!
I have an HD4 Extended with water cooled spindle on the way. I wanted to build a stand for it. I will be building a steel stand and my only real question is, is there any reason to have anti-vibration isolation feet on the legs? I will be putting it on wheels for ease of movement in my shop but I can make the wheels adjustable so it sits on the feet if I need to. Just wondering if it is worth the extra labor to do this.
I have seen a few just sitting on locking wheels but this is my first CNC machine and I want to do it the right way versus the OK way.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

gordread

Re: Shark HD4 Extended stand

Post by gordread »

I would want it sitting directly on the floor, mostly for the ability to ensure it is as perfectly level as possible. If casters shift, it can throw off the level, and add tension to the legs causing twist.

Of course all of this depends on how 'rigid' your construction is. If you are building this out of 1/4" welded steel, then I think you can do pretty much anything you want and it will be solid. if this is the case, then I would suggest locking casters on all four legs, or use the leveling feet as you said.

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

Thanks! I will build it "Overkill" as I do most stuff. The legs will be 2" square tube 3/16" with 1/4" 2x2 angle for the top frame and 1/8" top. All welded solid.
Maker of many chips

WNC_Ed

Post by WNC_Ed »

Overkill sounds just right - LOL
Hope you plan to post pictures.
Ed
Shark HD4 EB
Maker of Sawdust

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

WNC_Ed wrote:Overkill sounds just right - LOL
Hope you plan to post pictures.
Ed
I will definitely post up pictures!
Maker of many chips

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

I'm STILL waiting for the machine to arrive but I have started to build the stand for it. Here are a few pics. Not in these pics but I did add a piece of angle to the end that is missing and some other bracing. Now just waiting to get the machine before I continue. I'll be plasma cutting the top out this week.
Attachments
20190128_150953.jpg
20190128_151021.jpg
20190128_151040.jpg
Maker of many chips