Starting in the middle of a program after Estopping?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

alanahle

Starting in the middle of a program after Estopping?

Post by alanahle »

Is it possible to start at a certain line # after using Estop? I changed to a shorter cutter and started my next program.While the cutter proceeded to the outside of my piece for the start of the cut I noticed the router head approaching a clamp. I got the router stopped in time using pause but just over top of the clamp. There was not enough room to undo the clamp so I needed to raise the router to reposition the clamp. I could not "jog" while in pause mode so I had to hit Estop. Now I could jog the head to reposition the clamp but I lost my ability to start the software where I left off. I moved back to 0, 0, 0, Do I have to do the previous 2 hrs of cutting all over (will be cutting air) or is there a way I can start at the line # where I hit the Estop? Thanks, Al

Kayvon

Re: Starting in the middle of a program after Estopping?

Post by Kayvon »

Not without editing the g-code directly. If you can pause the program and turn off the router (for safety), you're often able to resume. If you've e-stopped, you'll need to start over.

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

No as hard as it sounds if X and Y Axis hasn't been reset. Go back to your model in Apsire or V-Carve and delete out the portion that's all read been carved, leaving a little bit of over lap then create a new tap file.

I like to create several tap files for my large carvings, that way I have places I can stop or if something happens I'm not re-carving the whole project.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

alanahle

Post by alanahle »

Thanks for the info that was supplied by all. I have not done any G code editing so I will have to look for some tutorials and see what this old goat can learn. Thanks again, Al