HD4 performance kit

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Todd05060

HD4 performance kit

Post by Todd05060 »

Just wondering how many people have installed the HD4 performance kit and what they thought of it.

Todd05060

Re: HD4 performance kit

Post by Todd05060 »

Well no response from anyone, so I bought the performance kit and hope to get it installed this week. If anyone has done the upgrade any tips would be appreciated! Thanks

SilentBobTheBuilder

Post by SilentBobTheBuilder »

I just installed mine last week after having it sit in the box for about 3 months. Not a terrible install. you want to be pretty accurate when drill the holes so i would suggest starting with a small pilot hole. It was bit awkward to keep the drill straight. Then loosen the back plate on the gantry and slide the performance pieces in. When you tighten the back plate back on it should make contact with the performance pieces.

It did help with vibration along the Y-axis. I havent noticed any other changes.

Todd05060

Post by Todd05060 »

Thanks for the reply, I to bought the kit a couple of months ago but have not installed it yet. Maybe this will be the week to get it installed!

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

I was thinking about this. Any update on the actual performance? I do get chatter in my Y axis that no matter what I do it won't go away. All I can do is grab the dust boot shoe with my hand.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips